Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lots of Friends




This is my first Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge, and my first card with the new SU colors. I thought I was going to get a lot more stamping in this weekend. The weather here in Massachusetts is horrible and has been for about a week. It rains all the time and the sun hardly ever makes an appearance. Since today was a complete washout, I figured I'd get a bit of stamping in. But rainy days are also good for cleaning and I ended up doing quite a bit of that too. But on to the card. I used a couple of "friend" sets: Good Friend and True Friend. I stamped off the flower from the True Friend to get the shadow effect. I like that look, but when I look at the card in person, it makes me think I forgot to put on my glasses! The complete recipe:


Stamps: True Friend, Good Friend
Paper: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla
Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede
Embellishments: Soft Suede ribbon, Flourish Texturz Plate

2 comments:

Torico said...

Beautiful card! Your shadow effect is very nice. I love it!

torico XX

laurie said...

I love your card...the new colors are awesome!