Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Christmas in August

I took a break from my Halloween contemplations to make this card for the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. For some reason, I felt like doing a Christmas Card, but I'm not sure what about this sketch lead me in that direction. I've done nothing the past couple of weeks but think about Halloween goodies, so maybe subconciously I needed a break. In any event, I like how this turned out. Clean, simple but colorful. Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Ski Slope
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Versa Mark
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch, Crystal Effects
Techniques: Embossing

5 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Fabulous card! The background showcases it so well too.

Jen Mitchell said...

Janelle, I'm glad you think so. I wasn't sure how it would look, but I usually use a white background and the bottom of the card completely disappeared against it, so I switched to the blue. I think it's a little jarring, but effective.

Kerin said...

Beautiful card! I've been on a Christmas card kick lately too, wonder why that is?? I don't know, but I love what you've done here :)

Sylvia said...

I love the christmas card. It's never too early to start. Very pretty!

Leonie said...

What a cute idea, love it!