Friday, February 26, 2010

On Your Birthday

I recently bought Photoshop and I'm trying to figure it out.  I've been taking a digital photography class and part of the class is learning the basic stuff that Photoshop does.  As you can probably guess from this photo, I've learned to "feather" the edge of my photo.  It makes a nice soft look.  One thing I discovered is that when I saved this photo in the .psd format it took forever to try to upload to blogger.  I ended up canceling the upload and re-saving the image as a .jpg.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if blogger just doesn't like the .psd format.  Right now, I'm going to assume it's me, since I know the whole world uses Photoshop and tons of people use blogger too.

On to the card. I recently made a nice set of cards, gift card holders and favors that I'm donating to a local charity auction. I had such fun making all that stuff that I decided to do it again for another charity auction. This particular one is not quite complete yet, but here is a birthday card that I'm including. I just love this card layout. The bottom square part is 4 1/4" square then I use the Sizzix scallop circle for the top portion. I just lay it over an A2 envelope so that I'm sure it fits and attach. Easy peasy.


I will also be including some matchbook favor boxes and on the right is an awesome post it note holder that I {think} I saw somewhere.  At least I saw something similar and decided it could be adapted to a post it note holder.  I've been using my Walk in the Park designer paper so once I'm done everything will be color-coordinated using Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray and whatever other colors go with that dp.  I'll probably include some gift card holders and other cool things as I think of them.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

Beautiful projects! Don't you just love that two-step bird punch?