Thursday, August 5, 2010

Color Lab Challenge 4

I'm not ashamed to say that when I first saw this Color Lab challenge, I was a little intimidated.  Excited, but intimidated.

I usually make fairly simple cards with a limited amount of colors, but I welcomed the challenge presented here to make a card with five colors.  FIVE!  There's nothing like stepping outside of your comfort zone!


So I gave it my best shot, and I've got to say that I'm okay with the result.  (In case your eyes are crossing looking for the Certainly Celery, it's in the stem of the flower behind the Happy Birthday sentiment).  I've actually been meaning to make a card for a friend that used earthy colors and I think this is pretty earthy.  Hopefully, my friend will think so too!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to visit the Color Lab and make a card!

ETA:  Special thanks to my friend Sylvia who told me today that I forgot to include the picture of my card!  Thanks Stella!!!  Mea culpa!

1 comment:

Creative Tara said...

wow, you did a great job using 5 colours on this card. It's a very nice use of the Mojo Monday sketch, too! pretty!