Saturday, September 4, 2010

WMSC13 Halloween Card

I don't know why, but I was feeling very nostalgic today for some very, very old designer paper from Stampin' Up!  I got it in my head that I wanted to use this paper, so I scoured blogland until I found a sketch challenge that I wanted to do with my cherished paper.  I settled on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.
I'm not sure why, but as soon as I saw the sketch I thought of a halloween card.  I've been dying for an excuse to use my From the Crypt stamp set and originally that is what I set out to do.  But the sketch had other ideas and evenutally persuaded me to use the Batty For You stamp set instead.

I embossed the stamped image to make it really show up and it looks fabulous in real life.  I was a little worried that the writing was too small and would come out all smudgy but I'm happy to report that it looks pretty good.  I can clearly read that is says "scaredy-cat."  This is my second halloween card this 2010 season, and I suspect it won't be my last.  I can't help myself!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A great Halloween card Jen! Hey - we're practically neighbors - I'm in Saugus on the North Shore - small blogging world huh?! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! Hope we see you again!

Helen Berry said...

Fantastic Halloween card Jen - the scaredy cat image is very cute! Love it x

Pauline said...

A grat Halloween card, and a fab image, I can almost hear that cat hissing!

Unknown said...

LOL! what a cracking Halloween card Jen, love the 'scalded cat' LOL! Thank you for playing along at Waltzingmouse Stamps!!

Monique said...

What a cute Halloween card !!Great take on the sketch :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome Halloween card! Your cat is showcased perfectly with this sketch!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I really love making Halloween cards.. and I remember when this stamp set came out... I made so many things with it.. I just love your card. It makes me happy Halloween is almost here!!

Lavender Rose said...

Your card caught my eye, love that cat!

Lavender Rose said...

Your card caught my eye, love that cat!

Ruth M said...

Love the cat, very striking Halloween card!

Alice said...

so cute! lovely halloween card! thanks for joining us this week at WMSC!