Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Monochromatic Snowman

This Sunday I checked out the color challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage and I really wanted to participate.  The colors were so fresh and fun, I didn't think I could resist.  But I'm in Christmas mode so I wasn't sure how I could make this work.  So I picked the Walzingmouse Sketch challenge for a layout and set to work.

I chose Crumb Cake as my base layer (since it was the easiest way to add that color for this challenge) and went with the other colors from there.  I stamped the snowman in Black Stazon and then outlined the scarf and hat in Concord Crush and filled in the colors with Basic Gray.

I really wanted to add an orange carrot nose and some brown branch arms, but I realized that this would not qualify for the color challenge.  It was then that I knew that despite the lack of color (or in spite of it), this snowman had a nice look to it.   A {somewhat} monochromatic look to be sure, but a look all the same.  All I know is that the more I look at it the more I like it!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very very cute, I wish I had gotten more cute sets this season! You make me want to do CUTE!

Vicky Hayes said...

He IS cute but you've made the card feel quite sophisticated. I love it!

Teresa Kline said...

luv this...the clean and simple style is amazing with all of the beautiful grape color....fantastic...have a super week!

enjoy 8~*

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely! the snowman is fabulous in purple! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Helen Berry said...

Just so adorable and love your choice of colours for this card!!

Alice said...

so cute! lovely card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome card! Love the twine!

Christina said...

Oh, I love this! That snowman would be adorable in any colors, but I think the monochromatic look really makes his cute expression stand out. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the colour combination, and the really clean and simple design. Fab!