Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper Players 35 Laugh A Little

I think that the colors of the Paper Players sketch challenge graphic influenced the colors I chose for the card that I did for that challenge!

I started poking around my stash of supplies and came across my Cottage Wall designer paper, which uses Rich Razzleberry primarily.  I finally bought the coordinating Cottage Wall stamp set and haven't really used it much, so I thought I would use it for this challenge.

I really struggled with the two floral images in the sketch layout.  I know that I don't necessarily need to follow the sketch to the letter and use floral images, but since I was using the Cottage Wall dp it seemed simple enough to add the flower from the corresponding stamp set.  But I didn't want to use two flowers of the same size.  So I ended up adding a white button with a little bit of crochet thread for the smaller image.  As you can probably tell, I really like using crochet thread!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Colleen G said...

I am passing along the Stylish Blogger award to you.

Visit my blog for all the details:
www.clgdesign.blogspot.com

jaydee said...

Jen, It was wonderful to see the cottage wall dsp again. It works beautifully for your sketch. I love what you did with the circular elements. You are right, you don't have to include them when submitting for the challenge, but you really made them work!
It's a really fabulous take on the challenge!
So pleased that you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Kerin said...

Jen I love the button element, and the crochet thread across and gathered instead of a flat ribbon is a great touch!!

Anonymous said...

I love the center Image and how you layered them together! This is one of my all time favorite DSP's, I love the rich colors you used! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Great take on this week's sketch Jen! Love the colors and your layered sentiment panel. You did a great job with those pesky flowers :-). Thanks for joining us again at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

This is just stunning, Jen! The colors are so rich. A perfect take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lesley said...

Hi Jen,
I know I left a comment here before but somehow is has vanished!! I love the way you were inspired by the colours...that Cottage Wall Paper was some of my favourite DSP...I just bought the Sunny Garden and it is beautiful but I LOVED the purples! I also love what you did with the sketch! SO glad you play with the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

None None said...

Beautiful card - I love what you did with the sentiment and the pop of green behind it is the perfect foil to the purple.