Monday, April 11, 2011

SSSC112 and Stamping 411 Color Inspiration 154

As usual on Sunday, I check out the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.  Then I began hunting around for a color challenge to go with it.  I remembered that the Stamping 411 blog has a sketch challenge too and the colors were pretty awesome, so I combined the two.

Pretty early on I knew that I wanted to use flowers in place of the stars on the sketch graphic.  The dilemma was which one.  I tossed around a few ideas then I spied one of my all time favorites:  the flower from the long-retired Best Blossoms stamp set.

I'm fairly certain that I will always have this stamp set.  If only to keep my hands on this fabulous flower.  I rarely use any of the other stamps in the set, but that's okay because this flower makes up for it.  I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do!

I think this is the first time I've participated in the Stamping 411 color inspiration challenge and the funny thing is, that I almost messed it up.  The card was made, I was almost done typing this post when I looked again at the graphic for the challenge and realized that I completely forgot the Chocolate Chip!  What's a girl to do?  Well, I pried off the Always Artichoke buttons that I had adhered to the card and put some Chocolate Chip ones on instead.  Whew!  That was a close one!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Nice save with the chocolate cip buttons! Beaitiful card as always! Love that PP!

Vicky Hayes said...

How funny - I'd never have known! The paper looks fab with the Rose Red accents.