Thursday, June 16, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 45

This week the color challenge at the ColorLab is divine!

There's been a lot of Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight going around lately and I love it!  It's no secret that I mostly favor earthy colors, but I LOVE Melon Mambo and it looks fabulous with Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  In order to do this fabby challenge justice, I searched around the blogosphere until I found a sketch that I thought would be perfect for it.  I found it in the Verve challenge forum on Splitcoast.

I liked the clean and simple layout and that nice bit of white space around the edges, which I thought would nicely show off these bright colors.

I've been on a butterfly kick lately.  (When I'm not making flowers with the faux-mother-of-pearl technique, that is).  There's just something really lovely about them.  I once went to a butterfly conservatory in Canada and it was the most wonderful experience.  There were all these beautiful butterflies flying around you and you really got to observe them up close.  They are amazing creatures and I really enjoy putting them on my cards!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll venture over to the ColorLab and try out our fabulous challenge this week.  The design team has some great stuff to inspire you!

3 comments:

My Creative Side said...

Love the colors! what a great combo. so clean, and just beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the butterfly especially the sentiment trail! Vx

Holly said...

I love this color combo.. and a girl after my own heart with this set.. I love the Butterflies.. Great layout too.