Sunday, June 19, 2011

Color Throwdown 146 and Sketchbook Saturday 16

This week the color challenge at the Color Throwdown features one of my all-time favorites Kiwi Kiss, so I was powerless to resist that siren's call.  Fortunately I was recently able to buy a whole package of cardstock from someone who apparently didn't want it (crazy, I know), so I no longer have to be so stingy when I use it.  As you'll see from my card, I didn't go crazy with my new supply.  Baby steps, I say to myself!  Anyway, I thought the Sketchbook Saturday sketch was pretty interesting so I combined these two challenges.


I love the scallops on this sketch and the little button accents.  I think I'm a sucker for buttons!

I used the wonderful Tangerine Tango embossing powder on my flowers, rather than stamping them with ink.  I love that shiny goodness you get with embossing powder, and I was so happy to see that there are some new embossing powders in the upcoming catalog.  Fun, fun!

The weather has finally taken a turn for the better here.  I spent a very happy weekend puttering around my garden planting flowers and enjoying the fabulous weather.  I even spent some time sitting on my patio getting some sun.  Unfortunately, I neglected to turn my chaise lounge so that  I was facing the sun directly, so as a result I've got some nice summer color on one side of my face!  Next weekend I've got to remember to give equal treatment to the other side!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is truly beautiful - you've used the colours brilliantly and the popped up flowers are stunning. I know exactly what you mean about the tanned on one side look - I play tennis and get the same effect then!

My Creative Side said...

love your card. I have so many tubs of SU! buttons, I need to use them! Thanks for inspiring me :)

Sue said...

Beautiful card!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Love your flowers!