Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 135

This year I have decided to not buy any new Christmas designer paper.  (I think I may have just heard a collective {gasp} from blogland)!  After I took an inventory of the Christmas stamps and designer paper I had in my stash, I realized that it would be quite a self-imposed challenge if I were to use what I already have instead of buying some new stuff.

I've used a bit of it already, but now I've got to commit myself because I've told all of you about it!  Incidentally, I have 11 packs of designer paper with a Christmas theme.  They're not all full packs, but some have quite a bit left.  So in this spirit today I made a card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge so I could get a jump start on using this stuff!


The paper I used here is from a set called Merry Moments.  It's got all sorts of colors that I love working with:  Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Garden Green and Very Vanilla.  This card uses some of the Old Olive and Real Red paper.  I even decided to use some Old Olive and Real Read for my snowflake.  Very non-traditional I know, but I think it works here!

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Very pretty, Jen! If you can resist the urge to by new Christmas paper, I will be thoroughly impressed!

Marisa said...

Love how you've used the sketch and good on you for using up what you have :)

Jen Timko said...

I loved this paper!! This is perfect...down to the non-traditional snowflakes!

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card. Love the snowflakes.

CJT said...

I only have 2 kinds of Christmas DSP and I'm trying to fight the urge to buy more (I'm losing the fight). Good luck with your quest! Also... beautiful card. I may have to CASE as Merry Moments is one of the papers I own, and I struggle with the Old Olive striped pattern!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I so need to follow your path and use up what I have! This is a wonderful Christmas card - I love the colored snowflakes :)

Vicky Hayes said...

You are wicked Jen - it just makes me want to buy the paper you used and of course I can't!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a great stamp! I am so ticked off at the lack of Christmas stamp sets in the Aus/NZ catalogue! I had 5 on my wish list after viewing the US catty online ... that we didn't get!!! Sigh ... you guys have so many more choices! Love this one!
Hugs xxaxx
PS ... hope you are successful with your self imposed ban! :)

Wendie said...

I love your card. And the snowflakes do work!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. I know what you mean about not buying any new Christmas paper or stamps. I need to do the same thing.

Julie A. said...

Wow Jen!!! What a stunning card! Love it:)