Sunday, January 1, 2012

SSSC149

New year's day found me volunteering for the "First Day Hike" at Borderland State Park and not so much motivated for stamping.  But in the afternoon, I was a little bored so I figured the best cure for that was crafting.  So into my stamp room I went and emerged with this.


The layout is courtesy of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and the colors are sort of a take on a past ColourQ challenge.  If you click here, you will see the ColourQ compendium that is a great resource if you're looking for a little color inspiration.  I used #32 for this card, only I substituted Calypso Coral for the Groovy Guava.

I used some Crumbcake dsp from Welcome Neighborhood and some Calypso Coral dsp from Berry Blossoms.  The flower and leaves are both Verve stamps.



I've had today off from work so I took the opportunity to de-Christmas the house.  The tree is away and the candles are gone from the windows.  I always feel a little sad when I put all my festive Christmas decorations away.  The house always seems a little boring afterwards.  Here's a little pic of the angel on top of my tree.


Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

3 comments:

Rita W said...

LOL I LOVE that picture! What an adorable "angel" you have! Ours are finally over that part and just like to nap on the tree skirt.

Great card! I love that sketch and what you created with it!

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch and way to flash some Verve :) The Christmas tree picture is priceless! Oh my!! Thankfully our cat is an old boy (16) and has no interest in our tree - phew!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this CAS card and the colors really pop with the black scalloped circle - so stunning! I adore your angel too ;)