Sunday, April 29, 2012

Paper Players 93 and Retro Sketches 9

I wanted to get in my stamp room this afternoon after a little mishap today involving a hammer and my finger!  I needed to make sure that I wasn't suffering from any extended damage that might prevent me from stamping!  Luckily, everything seems to be in working order.

This morning I checked out Lesley's Tic Tac Toe/Bingo challenge at The Paper Players and after much deliberation I decided on a diagonal challenge involving Flowers, Designer Paper and something of my own choosing which ended up being stitching.  The very-cool sketch at Retro Sketches provided my layout.



As you can see, I pretty much followed the sketch literally because as soon as I saw it I got one of the flowers from Growing Green in my head and it wouldn't go away.  The DSP is a little bit of Pear Pizzazz from Twitterpated which I zig-zag stitched onto a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  Then I wrapped a bit of baker's twine around it and added a little button.  I accented the center of the flowers with some black stickles and then used the same stickles for the little dots.

Well, my vacation is over and I'm back to work tomorrow. {Insert big sigh here}.  It was fun while it lasted but reality calls!  Thanks for stopping by!



13 comments:

Julie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous clean and cute card, Jen! I LOVE how you used the black stickles! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear there was no long term damage. That would be really bad! Love your card..great colors and super cute flowers.

Erna Logtenberg said...

love your card Jen!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh wow, I really love the look of this card Jen! The subtle diagonal pattern is fantastic! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Karen M said...

This is really gorgeous, Jen. Very simple but very effective and those cute little flowers...fab! Kx

Anonymous said...

so cute Jeanette...I hope you'll stop by and enter my drawing!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Jen, I love how you used the sketch... its perfect! It is a cute CAS card.... and Beautful too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Players this week!!

Hugs
Shirley April GD

kasia c. said...

Oh my gosh! I hope your finger is ok! I'm glad to see you are still able to stamp. :)
This is gorgeous!! I love that patterned paper panel, those flowers are just gorgeous, and that textured background is FABULOUS!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is fantastic! So clean - and gorgeous! It's all in your subtle details - love it!

Dotchie said...

So clean and professionally done! I also love the DP.

Jenn Picard said...

Just gorgeous! Such a beautifully balanced design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen, this is gorgeous, as ever! Love the stitching, the scored background and those pretty pink flowers. I hope that your finger is ok! Ouch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)