Tuesday, June 5, 2012

colourQ 140

Tuesday brings another fabulous color challenge from Arielle and colourQ for you to try.  For me it was a chance to re-purpose some winter DSP for a non-winter theme.



The real red DSP is from Ski Slope which I paired with a very simple whisper white layer embossed with my favorite PTI embossing plate.  And in a nod to Marisa I've crimped my butterfly before adding a button as embellishment.  She makes the most lovely butterflies.  The first time I saw her crimped butterfly I loved the look and filed it away for future use - and my friends, the future is now!  I think it looks fantastic in these colors.  My layout is from the latest Sketchbook Saturday sketch which I kept fairly simple.


Now head on over to check out all the design team cards at colourQ, then don't forget to link up!



11 comments:

Rita W said...

Fun bright colors this week! I hope I can find time to play along. Love the crimped butterfly. I would have never guessed that was winter DSP!

Your lovely cards are always a great reason to stop in for a visit, but I do like to drop by on colourQ days for a little peek at Ryan too. :)

Kara said...

really pretty jen!!

LeAnne said...

Love this--CAS perfection! I need to play again with that Saturday Sketch, it's always a good one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your corrugated butterfly is wonderful, such a pretty card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Just perfect - and what a great sketch!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Ayayay!! LOVE that wee crinkled butterfly!! What a superb effect, must try it myself. The whole card is just gor-juss!

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Jen, yours is a cute card and I so will miss using the crimper tool. why don't they come out with and embossing folder then? thanks for your kind comments on my card. Hugs,Bev

Marybeth said...

Very pretty and just perfect for the sketch.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL Jen! Hugs ~S~

AB. said...

Gorgeous, stunning card!! I don't use my crimper enough....this card has inspired me to use it tonight...I promise ;)

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a fabulous sketch Jen and I love the crimped butterfly!