Sunday, August 12, 2012

Color Throwdown 204 and Unscripted Sketches 171

It's a good thing my mother doesn't read my blog because I am about to reveal her age (and she might not like that)!  She's 77 and a few years ago she decided to take up bowling and joined a local league.  Well, it's too bad she didn't do it when she was younger because she has proven to be quite the bowler!  The last couple of years she has finished first in her league and with that honor comes a little cash prize.  Yesterday, she decided to celebrate her big win and took my sisters and me to lunch.  I wanted to send a thank you using a stamp set I just got recently.



The color inspiration for my card comes from The Color Throwdown and the sketch is from Unscripted Sketches.  

I bought this set just so that I would have something appropriate on hand to make her bowling-related cards.  I didn't really have anything that would simulate the bowling alley, but I thought the distressed argyle pattern kind of gave the impression of the lane.  I think she'll get it at any rate!

I'm going to mail this to her and I wish I could see her face when she gets it!  I think she's going to love it!

Well, this morning started our raining, but now the sun is coming out and I can already tell it's going to be a scorcher.  I've got errands to run then lots of cards to make for the upcoming week, so I'll try and keep cool in my stamp room.  I've been trying to clean it up and organize things because it's getting quite out of hand lately!  Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Rita W said...

My parents were really into bowling when I was in high school and I swear we lived at the bowling alley! They must have been on every league there was! It's great that your mom found something that she loves so much and is good at! Kinda like you and stamping. :) That set is adorable and I know she's going to LOVE this card.

Colorado Crafter said...

Wow! Congrats to your mom. How wonderful to find something you enjoy and are so good at when you get older. I was just thinking to myself the other day that I need to get more exercise or I'm not even going to be able to move when I hit 60, let alone 77!

Your card is just great!

Patrice said...

Love this card - I love bowling, too, but I can't imagine taking it on at 77!

SmilynStef said...

Love love love what you did with the sketch ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Broni said...

Wow, how wonderful for your Mom! And great that she took you girls out to celebrate! I'm sure she'll love this perfect card, Jen! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Linda Callahan said...

This card just makes me smile! Absolutely adorable!

Tui Nathan said...

What a brilliant take on that sketch!

Michele Cunningham said...

Great use of the sketch. I love the harlequin pattern you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Unscripted sketches.

Kim said...

Great idea!! So cute!!

Geri said...

Ok...your cards always bowl me over (sorry for the pun, but couldn't resist). Using the Argyle pattern for the alleyway is sheer creative genius! Hats off to your mom too! Hope you will play along with next week's Unscripted sketch!

dstandard said...

Totally love your take on this sketch - fabulous! Thanks for playing with us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

Wendy Coffman said...

Super cute - love the argyle "lane". congrats on your win at Freshly Made!

Wendy Coffman said...

Oops! I meant Color Throwdown! Need more coffee, lol...

Laura said...

Great card!!!
Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.