Tuesday, August 7, 2012

colourQ 149

It's so fun to see color challenges that include some of the new InColors especially since I haven't been using them all that much.  This week at colourQ, Arielle has found inspiration including three new colors with an old favorite.



The pretty sunflower image is from PTI and I added one of those adorable Dahlia Adornments in the center. And can I just say how awesome this color combo is?  I'm surprised by how much I like Summer Starfruit (it's a yellow that is somewhat toned down by it's grayish-green cast) and I'm even starting to like Gumball Green.  But I'm really bowled over by how fantastic these colors look together!  Yummy! 

It's been a while since I've added some sponged, torn cardstock to one of my cards but the sketch challenge this week at Unscripted Sketches had a bit of a torn edge, so I was inspired to try that again.



I've got to say that I'm having a bit of trouble with the new foam pads from SU! and clear stamps.  This is the second card I've made recently with a somewhat solid image that just looks horrible when inked with the new stamp pads.  They're almost too juicy causing the ink to pool on the stamp and the result is a splotchy, uneven image.  They seem to work ok on rubber stamps and I've only seen this effect using a clear stamp.  I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has seen the same thing, or has a suggestion about how to fix it!  (And yes, I'm tapping very lightly on the stamp pad)!

Don't be afraid of these colors.  They are so fantastic that you need to run right over to colourQ and check our the super-amazing inspiration from the design team.  We've got a new face this week joining our design team.  Nathalie, who you know better as N@, is our newest member so be sure to pop on by and say hello!

11 comments:

N@ Ali said...

beautiful!!

Brenda said...

Jen, your card is so beautiful. I love your colors and that big flower.

Aileen said...

Gorgeous card. Love your design. x

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful flower Jen, love the ripping.

Geri said...

This really is a dynamic color combo! Great job with the torn edge! Love how you layered the ribbon on a piece of cardstock. Thanks for playing along with our sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

SmilynStef said...

Excellent use of those colors ... love those big blooms ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Tracey Holdyk said...

what can I say, love the colours, love the flowers, love the white background... actually I just love everything about your card. You have made me think I need to buy those colour now.

StephG said...

beautiful card Jen! I love the flowers...great take on this week's sketch.
Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

PatQ's Cards said...

Your card is beautiful. I love how you layered the sunflowers.

Unknown said...

Wasn't around for the voting etc. on Sunday, sorry this is so late! But WOW is all I can say for this card! I adore that flower and, as always, your use of white space blows me away! :)

dstandard said...

This is gorgeous - beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!