Tuesday, August 14, 2012

colourQ 150

When I first saw Arielle's colors for the challenge this week at colourQ I was very nervous.  (Actually, I will confess that this happens to me frequently but I think I hide it well).  For a few days I was mentally tossing a few ideas around in my head and then I just decided to throw caution to the wind and make a card with no clear direction using the latest Deconstructed Sketch as my layout.  For me, this is generally a very daring thing to do, because there's no telling what I'm going to end up with.  But I gamely grabbed cardstock and patterned paper, a few stamp sets, some Nestabilities, ribbon and whatever else I could find within easy reach and started layering them on.  Luckily halfway through this card, I realized that I actually liked it.




The Daffodil Delight DSP is from Beyond the Garden and I chose it because it's a relatively soft version of a very bright yellow and wouldn't overpower the other elements of the card.  The pretty rose and leaves are from a PTI set and the ribbon is the delightful Daffodil Delight Seam Binding.

I sure hope you have time to check out the cards my fellow design team members at colourQ have made this week.  Once again, they will amaze and delight you.  You might even find a scrapbook page to get your creative juices flowing.  And don't be afraid if you don't have the exact colors.  Even Ryan knows that you can use something close!  Just don't forget to join in and link up your project!




3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is fabulous but Ryan's saying is hilarious! LOL!

Tracey McNeely said...

That rose is so beautiful on your card Jen, your captured the inspiration perfectly.

Arielle H Gordon said...

OMGoodness - this is SO SO SO gorgeous Jen! I am SO lucky to have you on the Royal Court!!! Thanks so much for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch, too!