Thursday, August 2, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 212

Are you ready for a fantastic color challenge from Create With Connie and Mary this week?  When I first saw these colors I was in heaven because they're subtle, bold and bright all at the same time!  Check it out:



Sometimes I think that Sahara Sand gets lost in the Crumb Cake shuffle, because this is a lovely neutral color all on its own.  I should definitely use it more often when I am contemplating neutral and earthy colors.  A big thanks to Connie and Mary for reminding me that this color has been languishing in my stash for a while!

Now that I've got these three colors together - ooh la la!  A perfect CAS combination.  And perfect for the sketch challenge this week at Less is More.  I started with the script from En Francais stamped in Sahara Sand then added one of the floral stamps from Summer Silhouettes stamped in Basic Black and Real Red.  I just love how the flowers jump off the card!  I followed this all up with a simple sentiment from Bring On the Cake.

I think you should run, don't walk, to Create With Connie and Mary so that you can see all the lovely inspiration from the design team.  Then dig out your stamps and get all inky with us!  We love to see what you do!


23 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This card is simply stunning Jen. A great marriage of sketch and colour challenges. It's perfection!

Ulrike said...

Hallo,
your card is so beautiful. Clean and simply and the summer silhouettes are great! Thanks for sharing it. Liebe Grüße Ulrike

Kim S said...

All that subtle with a touch of red - truly gorgeous!

Monika Davis said...

This is a really nice card! I love it!
Monika Davis

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE this!

Deb said...

Stunning!! Love the simple elegance of your card! And I agree about Sahara Sand - a beautiful neutral all on it's own!

Lindsey said...

Lovely, love the subtle script & the splash of red flowers

Marisa said...

Love this! Fabulous take on the colours!

Pia S said...

This is such a lovely card! I love the script as background and the lovely pops of red!

Sue said...

Lovely card.

Jen Timko said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!

Rita W said...

Wowzers. This is stunningly awesome, Jen! LOVE it!

Chrissie said...

Oh yum, yum, yum, this is simply gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Delightful card - love the touch of colour

Kathyk

Lyndal said...

Stunning card Jen, LOVE that pop of red :)

Lisa Martz said...

Great use of white space! I love that pop of red and black on top of the background stamp. Really pretty! Great working with you on Create.

Mandi said...

Stunning card Jen
LOVE that stamp
Awesome card
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

kasia c. said...

this is absolutely STUNNING!!

Love the design and that fabulous pop of red. :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The pop of red is outstanding with all the other layers and stamping! Love your card!

inkypinkies said...

Awesome, Jen! So clean and crisp, very elegant! Just that little bit of red is the perfect touch. :) Erika

Connie Babbert said...

STUNNING in it's simplicity, but packs SUCH a WOW!!! Love it! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lesley said...

Thank you so much for sending this to me Jen! I have displayed it proudly on my china cabinet!! It is so very pretty!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Suzie McFloozy said...

I just saw this on pinterest and wanted to tell you how much I love it :)
I adore the beautiful simplicity of it and the stunning splash of red x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo