Thursday, August 9, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 213

Today Create With Connie and Mary has brought a square sketch challenge for you!  I have a soft spot for square cards so I was in love with this from the get-go.



Since my stash of DSP is mysteriously growing again (she said with a wink), I thought I'd use some of my new Comfort Cafe and let the colors from that be my guide for this card.  The gorgeous herringbone pattern paper is Midnight Muse and I added some layers of Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze, and Pool Party in the opposing direction.  Then I started waffling about what image to use for the floral focal point.  I couldn't decide on what flower would look best here, so I substituted a butterfly!

The larger butterfly is cut from the Beautiful Butterflies Sizzix die from one of the Comfort Cafe patterns and the smaller one is stamped on Very Vanilla from Papillon Potpourri (which is fast becoming my new favorite butterfly stamp).  I added a row of Basic Pearls down the center of the butterfly because pretty much everything deserves a row of pearls, don't you think?

I've purposely left off a sentiment on this card because it will be so easy to add one for a future occasion.  There's plenty of space for one and I love the versatility of having a card I can use for just about anything when I need one!

Don't forget to pop on over to Create With Connie and Mary so that you can be inspired by the fantastic creations from the design team.  Then link up your own Stampin' Up! only creation.  I can't wait to see what you do!


7 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous!! I love how you kept it all so simple And the layered butterflies are beautiful! What a great idea to use dsp for the butterfly. I need to remember that one!

Melissa Davies said...

LOVE the simplicity of your card! I agree with Deb, the patterned butterfly just makes the card!

Monika Davis said...

I had the same thought - not sure what flower so I'll go with a butterfly - great minds think alike!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I really love the herringbone pattern. How odd that your paper stash is growing all on his own! ;) Hope you have an awesome weekend, Jen!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a beautiful patterned butterfly to go with all the layers. Beautiful!

Connie Babbert said...

Funny how that DSP does seem to multiply! Love how you used the patterned butterflies against the solid colors! So elegant!

Lisa Martz said...

LOVE this! GREAT simple, elegant card! Love the butterflies!