Thursday, August 16, 2012

Create With Connie and Mary 214

This week at Create With Connie and Mary is a great color challenge that uses a couple of the new In Colors, Midnight Muse and Gumball Green as well as the bright and cheery Daffodil Delight.  These colors are fabulous together!

I've seen some pretty cards where flowers are created by layering some cardstock punched with the Boho Blossoms punch and I wanted to give it a try for this card.  I started with the flourish from Everything Eleanor stamped in Gumball Green then I punched the largest flower in Midnight Muse and the smallest in Daffodil Delight.  I had a little trouble deciding where to place them on my flourish because I didn't want to cover it too much, but I think they look ok!  Once I had them placed I thought the flowers looked a little plain so I added a Basic Pearl in the Center.

I really like how this turned out.  It's simple and yet elegant.  To keep it on the less-fussy side I wanted a simple sentiment to go with it that wasn't too fancy so I used this one from Just Believe.  The good thing about a card like this is that it's easy to reproduce and can be used for a lot of different occasions.

Head on over to Create With Connie and Mary to check out the inspiration from the design team, then link up your own creation!  We love to see what you do!


12 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous Jen and a fabulous colour combination! I've not been visiting much either as the summer holidays makes everything go crazy round here! I've not been getting posts through either - I think it's a problem with communication between blogger and feedblitz...

Deb said...

LOVE this!! So clean and simple and elegant! A great way to use these colors!!

Melissa Davies said...

I agree with you - simple, elegant & FABULOUS!

Margaret Raburn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret Raburn said...

Very striking! Great use of these colors to compose a beautiful card!

Brenda said...

This card is breathtaking! I love the design and colors.

RitaR said...

Wow ... this beauty stopped me in my tracks! The design and colors are just BEAUTIFUL!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love this color combo and the way you did the flowers & flourish. TFS

Paula Sievers said...

I love this clean and simple look. Very stylish I must say. Actually it really awesome.

Ann Schach said...

So clean and classy, Jen! The colors are striking!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I so like all the little snippets of color. Very elegant card Jen!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the little flowers on the flourish. Clean and simple and elegant. Another great idea with the Eleanor set!