Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 48

Welcome to another addition of fabulously designed sketches from your friends at Freshly Made Sketches .  This week Tui has designed a sketch that I know you're going to love.  It's got lots of space for DSP, ribbon, embossing, stamps - you name it, this sketch is calling for it!




The color challenge at Dynamic Duos was calling to me this week to complement this sketch.  How could I resist a couple of old favorites like Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink?  I paired those colors with another old favorite Crumb Cake and a little Whisper White.  The flower and leaves are from a PTI set and I added a Certainly Celery button in the center to give it some polish! Luckily I had some baker's twine on hand to add to the button.  I have a big skein of crochet thread that I use frequently to tie buttons but I discovered the other day that my kittens have absconded with it.  I searched all over the house for it, but no luck so far.  Hopefully it will turn up soon!

Now I don't want to tell you what to do, but I think it would be a good idea if you headed on over to Freshly Made Sketches and checked out the design team creations.  This is an amazing bunch of ladies whose designs will just blow you away!  I know you will be inspired to create something right along with us!

Here's a list of the designers but you can always start at Freshly Made Sketches. The beginning as it were.




15 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just beautiful Jen! Those colours are so pretty together!

LeAnne said...

SO pretty...and a great way to use the sketch, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card Jen.

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a pretty card Jen! Love how you added the sweet scallop border and your flower is so pretty with the green button and bow. TFS

Allisa said...

You are the queen of layered flowers. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

One beautiful blossom on one gorgeous layout! :) So pretty, Jen! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! I love that layered flower! Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love that pretty layered flower on your card, Jen! The layout is beautiful and I especially love that paper piercing around the images. Very cute! Love the combo of colors you aued and all of the detail you aded to the projects. So glad you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Jen, thanks so much for your kind comment on my card for this challenge. I love your polka dot flower. Very darling. Thanks again.

Jen Sannes said...

Jen, this is stunning! I love how you combined the sketch with the color challenge. That button is the perfect touch.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh Jen - what a great card! I love the layered flower, and of course how you expertly combined the challenges. Well done!
Cheers, Karen

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! The flower is a perfect focal point. I love the colors!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... what a beautiful flower, love the layers and love the pretty colours ... great job!

Jen Timko said...

Oh no...the kittens stole the thread??!! Funny (but only after you find it!). Love this, every little detail!

Cindy Hall said...

Beautiful card, Jen! I love the color scheme and that gorgeous polka dot flower!