Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 49

Today over at Freshly Made Sketches I'm the hostess and I've put together a sketch with some shapes that can easily be switched out for just about anything you can think of.  Our super-amazing design team has made some jaw-dropping cards with lots of fun details so be sure to pop on by and check them out.



I've made a few Halloween cards recently and I seriously considered doing another one for this sketch, but then I remembered this awesome stamp set that I got recently from The Alley Way Stamps.  Those little ornaments have got some personality (the girly one on the right reminds me of Mrs. Potato Head from Toy Story!) and I thought they'd be perfect in place of the circles on the sketch.  I added the holly and the adorable reindeer to finish it off.

The pretty designer paper with snowflakes is from Wintergreen, a holiday set that I've been reluctant to cut into, though I couldn't possibly articulate why!  Last year (or was it the year before) I made a pledge to not buy any new paper and instead to use my existing stash of holiday designer paper for all my Christmas cards.  Well, I've still got a huge stash left so I think I'm going to renew that personal pledge again this year.  I figure that eventually I'll get to the bottom of that pile!

I hope you have time to join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  So grab those stamps and show us your shapes!  Here are some quick links to the design team.  You've got to check them out!




8 comments:

Sandy said...

Your card so made me smile. Very cute. Sandy :)

Linda Callahan said...

This sketch is wonderful - and the cards are terrific! Love this one - so cute!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! What a super cute card! You must have had a lot of fun putting it together! I love those ornaments!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely adorable, Jen! I LOVE this cute stamp set! And this DSP is sooo pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh very, very cute Jen! Love this little guy and the bauble are gorgeous!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! This is just so stinkin' cute! I love the stamps and your amazing details. This card is just perfect in every way!

Tui Nathan said...

My absolute favourite .... this is so darn cute Jen ...
love love love ...

Karen Aicken said...

Whoa Jen - this has to be my new favourite card of yours. SO adorable and cheery and ... perfect!
Cheers, Karen