Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 50

Sometimes it's funny how ideas for making a card come to me.  The other day I went into my stamp room to make my card for this weeks challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I was kicking around some ideas in my head when I happened to look down and spotted a small piece burlap ribbon that I got somewhere or another.  It was like a light bulb went off in my head and I knew just how I wanted my card to look!



My card base is Naturals Ivory cardstock which I hardly ever use but discovered matches the Orchard Harvest DSP quite well.  I used some of the Cajun Craze patterned paper as well as the More Mustard checkered paper from that pack.  I love how these colors paired with the burlap make a warm, and somewhat rustic card.  I thought about putting some pretty leaves on this for my focal point, but for the second time that night I looked over and saw my long-forgotten Spice Cake buttons and realized the big More Mustard one tied with some Linen Thread would be perfect!  Who would have thought that twice in one night I would be inspired by just casually looking around my stamp room!  I ought to try that more often!!

I hope you have time to look around your crafting space and see what you can find.  Then put it all together and join us for this sketch challenge.  My friends at Freshly Made Sketches have created some wonderful cards to inspire you, so be sure to stop on by check them out!




16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Jen, I love the burlap.

Marisa said...

Oooh, loving the burlap and that big old button! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Rita W said...

Love the rustic fall feel of this one. Maybe it will help me forget that it is going to feel like 100 degrees here today. :)

Brenda said...

Fabulous card. Love the burlap and the button. So fun!

Jen Brum said...

Lovely card Jen! I love that burlap ribbon! I have had a piece of burlap in my stash for years and never think to pull it out! Love that big button! Perfect for fall!

Lesley said...

Wow! Very cool with the burlap Jen! The rich colours are wonderfully Fall!! I love it all! Yep...it rhymes! LOL! getting ready for grade 1!

Jen Timko said...

I am so in love with this! The burlap, the button, the DSP...awesome!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! I love it when cards come together like this! Beautifully done!

Linda Callahan said...

Homespun goodness! Love the burlap~

Allisa said...

Fabulous card for fall!

Karen Aicken said...

Great card for the sketch! I'm not even a yellow fan but I really like your card. :-))) That button is such a fun addition and so is the burlap.
Cheers, Karen

Jen Sannes said...

This card has so much fabulous texture - love that burlap ribbon! And that big ol' button is the perfect finishing touch.

Cindy Hall said...

Awesome! Love the colors and texture of the burlap ribbon! And the big button is perfect with the other elements! Great card!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... loooove the burlap panel .... such a fabulous texture and oh so tactile too! And, my goodness how that button adds a punch to this card .... love it!!!!

None None said...

This is fantastic, Jen! Isn't it cool where inspiration takes us? The addition of burlap elevates your card to another level of "awesomeness."

Heather Rogers said...

This is too cute! I love that piece of burlap and big button. :)