Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friday Mashup Meets retro sketches

I finally made it back into my stamp room to make something for fun.  I went to the Stampin' Up! Regional in Providence yesterday and about a week or so ahead of time was invited to join a group of about 25 ladies who would be doing a swap.  So all last week I was frantically trying to put together a card - I even brought stuff to work so that I could cut and assemble on my lunch hour!

The Regional was lots of fun.  The day was filled with lots of advice and everyone there received a free stamp set and a Christmas scrapping kit.  A few lucky ladies won some other free stuff along the way.  By the time I got home I was too tired to do anything creative so I spent the night catching up on blog visits and commenting.  

But today I was anxious to my fingers inky and as I did some sponging on this card my fingers are literally inky!


 
I used the colors from Friday Mashup, Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, and Soft Suede as well as the sketch from retro sketches.  I cut the leaves out of the pretty Naturals Composition specialty paper with my Autumn Accents Bigz Die.  Then I sponged them with combinations of all the ink.  It's difficult to see in the picture, but the acorn was sponged with So Saffron and a little bit of Soft Suede.  And one of the leaves looks green because I sponged it with So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise and since yellow and blue make green that's what I ended up with!  Oops!

Well, it's back to my stamp room for me.  I've got loads to do in there in preparation for my DT challenges this week.  Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Ooooo I love those leaves! Wish I had known you were off to Providence - I might have made the trek!

Kim S said...

I have that paper but I haven't seen it used...LOVE your card!

Stef H said...

one of the prettiest fall cards i've ever seen!

hugs :)

CJT said...

I wanted to go to the Providence regional and chickened out since I had no one to go with! I'm sure it would have been worth it. LOVE the card, those leaves look really cool.

Lili said...

Oh Jen! I love your card! Your card came out beautiful! I am so glad to see you at the Friday Mashup this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Jen!

Tara Bourgoin said...

LOVE this, Jen! It's so beautifully CAS, and the effect on the leaves is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen it was certainly worth the inky fingers, love it.

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Car Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html