Saturday, August 11, 2012

MOJO253 and Hand Stamped Sentiments 130

I've been trying to use some of the new In Colors recently and then I stumbled on the mother of all In Color challenges this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  At first I was a little intimidated by trying to use all five colors at once, but I took a few days to think about it before I came up with this using the latest MOJO sketch.   


I started with some Very Vanilla which I layered with some Midnight Muse and another layer of Very Vanilla which is embossed with PTI's Guide Lines impression plate.  I layered some stitched Midnight Muse DSP and some Summer Starfruit DSP from Comfort Cafe.  The layered flower is Verve and although it's hard to tell in the picture, the big layer is stamped in Raspberry Ripple and the smaller one in Primrose Petals.  A little Primrose Petals Dahlia finishes off the center of the flower.  The leaves are stamped in Gumball Green using a Verve leaf.  The sentiment is from Much Appreciated.

Once again we've got another hot day on tap.  Although the sun is not out the humidity is pretty high and everything and everyone is hot and sticky!  Later on I'm off to Plymouth for lunch with my mother and sisters.  Hopefully, it will be a little cooler at the coast!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love the colors.

Tammy said...

This card is just beautiful! You've managed to use five colors and still keep your card very "clean" and pleasing to the eye! I love it!

Rita W said...

Look at you! Difficult colors and sketch and you totally rocked them both.

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Love all the texture and accents!!! Great Job with the color challenge!!! Great use with the dsp!!! Very Pretty!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

inkypinkies said...

Wow! Love your stitching and layered flower. Awesome use of the colors and patterns, and the quilted background really steps it up! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Linda Callahan said...

Way to use the white space! Really pretty card! Enjoy lunch at the coast - lucky girl!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Simply love everything about it Jen! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Elizabeth Price said...

You create the most gorgeous and awesome cards. I always love coming to your blog. Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

brrenwick said...

I love everything about this card...beautiful!

Erin Gonzales said...

LOVE YOUR CARD! I LOVE simple impact-ful cards and that is just what you have- thanks for playing along with us at HSS!!!

Bobbie said...

Again, you've created a show stopping card. You've used the colors perfectly! Thanks for playing with us again at HSS.

inkedx2 said...

Love all the layers to your card. That embossing is fabulous too. They both work together to create a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie