Sunday, August 19, 2012

retro sketches 25 and Anni-VERVE-sary

Hallelujah, I am back online!

Friday night McAfee did an update for the security software I have on my laptop.  By Saturday morning - NO INTERNET!  At first I didn't realize McAfee was the culprit and I spent several hours researching and talking to Verizon technical support.  I thought for sure my WiFi card was bad and went out to buy a new one and when that didn't work I realized that there was probably a software issue that was blocking my Internet access.  Long story, short it was some update that McAfee did, so I have temporarily disabled it so that I can get back online and get back to my blogging "business."

I made this card yesterday for the latest sketch challenge at retro sketches and also decided to add in the color challenge for Verve's Anni-VERVE-sary challenges that have been going on all week.




The DSP is from Woodland Walk which features Garden Green and Chocolate Chip.  The flowers are stamped in Regal Rose because I had a brad to match (!) and also because all my other pinks looked too washed out.  All the stamps that I used are Verve, which are not required for their challenge, but since it's their anniversary I thought it only fitting!

Well, I'm off to do some other things online before I re-install my security suite and see if that messes things up again.  Luckily I've been able to get online with my iPad so I could at least keep up with blog visits and commenting.  I tried to see if I could post to my blog using Safari, but I couldn't (the page didn't display correctly) and the Blogger app is total junk (IMHO).  I've got four blogs and no matter how many times I switched blogs on the app, it would only let me do a post to one of them (and it wasn't this one)!

Thanks for listening to my rant and for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch! Great card. Sorry to hear about your computer issues. Hope they are resolved soon.

Tracy Ercole said...

Love your take on the sketch. The colours are great and I particularly like the tag and flower :)

Kristin K. said...

Great card. Love your take on the sketch and love the flower and tag!

Stephanie said...

Love your take on the sketch! Beautiful Card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen beautiful card, love that tag.

Laurie said...

Gorgeous! Love that flower and the tag! So pretty! So glad you played along at Retro Sketches!