Friday, August 31, 2012

The Paper Players 110

Now that September is nearly here the days are shorter and nights are noticeably cooler.  I find myself gravitating towards cards using more fall-like colors.  Of course, the upcoming season also means Halloween and you may have read here a time or two that I really love making Halloween projects.  The sketch challenge this week at The Paper Players got me thinking about an old favorite pack of Halloween DSP called Halloween Night and thus my card was born.


In case you're wondering, the pretty purple-ish paper you're seeing is not Wisteria Wonder.  Is is the long-retired Vintage Violet and one of my all-time favorite colors.  I can't think of a Halloween project without thinking of this paper!  The witch is from Halloween Hoot and although her face is colored a little darker than I wanted, she is pretty darn cute!  I'm not at all sure that witches are supposed to be "cute" but I couldn't resist that description about this ol' gal.  It's like she's kicking up her heels to dance a little jig!

Lately I've been experimenting with Photoshop and how I edit my photos and the resulting blurry photos are making me wonder whether I need to schedule a visit with my eye doctor pronto, or go back to the old way I edited.  I've got a long weekend coming up so I hope to do some more experimenting.  If my cards look a little blurry I apologize, and hopefully I'll figure out what to do soon.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!  I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and comment!



6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun Halloween card Jen.

Nance Leedy said...

Despite the wart on her chin, she is pretty darn cute! Great job coloring her and love your double matting! So glad you joined us this week!

Dawn Easton said...

Love all the layers of matting you used and what a fun image!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Sh is a cute witch, green face and all! Lol! Love this, Jen! Such a clean design which really showcases that witchy witch perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Amy White said...

I love how crisp and striking your card is Jen - your layers are absolutely perfect! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Jen, for getting recognized as A Cut Above for your adorable witchie card!!