Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sparkle for CASology 22 and Cardabilities 64

You would think that a challenge about sparkles would be pretty easy at this time of year, but apparently my mojo has gone on walkabout because I had a hard time with the CASology Sparkle challenge.  I spent some time at my crafting table on Tuesday night and despite drawing, cutting, stamping and dreaming I had nothing.  So I took a little break, which means I went to bed then went to work the next day, and sat back at my table Wednesday.  Armed with the Cardabilities sketch I finally got some inspiration and made a sparkly snowflake creation.



And how cool is it that I actually have a stamp that says "sparkle?"  It's from Warm Words and I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's seen any ink.  The snowflakes are cut in Silver Glimmer and Champagne Glimmer paper and I stamped the sentiment directly on some silver striped washi tape.  Super simple and super sparkly!

I've recently been reminded that Christmas is slightly less than three weeks away (yikes) and I'm beginning to feel like I'm not quite prepared.  I've almost got my shopping done, but I think I'm running behind in my wrapping and tag-making duties.  Hopefully this weekend, I can get caught up.  I'd really like to enjoy the magic of the season rather than worrying about shopping and all the things that Christmas is NOT!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you take some time to enjoy this holiday season!

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is just gorgeous - love the layout and the sparkly snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Marisa said...

LOVE snowflakes and LOVE this card! Did you use snowflake dies? If so, who are they by - love them!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those glittery snowflakes are just gorgeous Jen. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology@!

CASTOWNE said...

You may have lost your Mojo for a few hours, but it came back with a bang! This cards is a sparkling joy.

Nancy Seed said...

Just the right amount of "sparkle". Beautiful job Jen. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Cardabilities

Vicky Hayes said...

The washi tape has really given those snowflakes a bit of 'edge' Jen! A lovely card.

LeAnne said...

Gosh, I have that sparkle sentiment and rarely use it either! I LOVE the snowflakes....can you share who makes that die? I NEED a snowflake die that I really, really, really like and this looks like it would fit the bill!

Rosemary said...

LOVE this clean and stunning take on both challenges... so glad you played along with CASology this week!!

scrapdictive said...

Great take on the sketch!
Thank you for joining us at Cardablities!

pysselpetra said...

beautiful CAS card ♥ thanks for playing at Cardabilities ♥ Petra

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... stunning!

Unknown said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

This is lovely! I love th3 snowflakes.

Melissa said...

Jen, this is FULL of sparkle! :) I love how that single gold snowflake pops against the rest of the card! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us again at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous layout and sparkle and I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Brendaxx said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us @ Cardabilities:)