Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 68

This week it's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I actually ended up with two slightly (and I do mean slightly) different versions of my card!


I used a bit of texture on one of the Very Vanilla layers then created a stamped layer using the background stamp Canvas and Summer Silhouettes.  I added a bit of Natural ribbon and a strip of Lucky Limeade cardstock.  I found some Earth's Elements eyelets in my stash and although I'm sure these are supposed to be Old Olive they are an EXACT match to the Lucky Limeade cardstock.  I wound some baker's twine through they eyelets and thought I was done. 

Then I photographed the card and realized that something didn't look right.  I don't know about you but sometimes it's not until I see the card through the filter of my lens that I see the "true" card and am able to critique it in a whole new way.  For this card I wasn't happy with the transition from the stamped layer and the natural ribbon so I went back and added a thin strip of cardstock between the two.


Although I like it better I think I should have added some color behind the larger embossed layer.  I think the adhesive is stuck fast though, so it's not going anywhere and this card is staying as is!

Don't forget to stop by Freshly Made Sketches and check out the DT cards.  They are amazing, as usual, and sure to give you loads of inspiration!


8 comments:

Kim S said...

So gentle and simple. I love the eyelets!

Linda Suarez said...

I think that little strip of cardstock you added is just perfect! And I love the embossed popped up background - I wouldn't change thing! Great card and great colors!

*Alison* said...

AMAZING! You know I love everything about your style.. you ROCK girl.. :) Seriously love it!

okiedee said...

I love it as is...the eye is drawn to the smaller layers and the strip with eyelets and string...that is all it needed...love this card.

Darnell said...

I know exactly what you mean, Jen, and totally agree about the "finishing" strip of green. It's inspiring for young or new crafters that you put both versions as a teaching moment!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! Simple, clean and elegant...that string is perfect!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card! It's so fabulous! Love the eyelets! I haven't used eyelets in ages!!! Love that image! So clean and simple and so elegant!!!

jcb said...

I am new to visiting your blog. I love your simple style. Sure wish I could be as creative. Thanks for sharing!