Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hi Friend for CTD234 & CTS20

Saturday has dawned bright and cheerful here in my neck of the woods.  I'm pretty sure that soon the threat of snow will stop and we can get down to the business of spring.  Everyone I talk to has had it up to "here" with the snow these past few weeks so when I see a sunny days like today I know it can't be long now.

On to my card that I made using the eye-catching colors at Color Throwdown.  At first these colors put me in mind of a Christmas card then I saw the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and tried something different.



I made a little pocket out of Basic Black punched with a circle.  Then I filled it with some leaves punched in Garden Green and Crumb Cake.  The pocket looked a little forlorn with no decoration so I punched a tiny flower in Real Red and adorned it with a little rhinestone.

Well that's it for me.  I'm off to run errands then to do a little cleaning around the house.  Yuck!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Lean on Me (Verve)
Accessories:  Meadow Leaf die (Poppystamps), Fresh Foliage die (Memory Box), Basic Rhinestone (SU)

16 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is just perfect! I love how you incorporated the sketch and the lovely colors!

Happy Dance said...

While I wasn't crazy about the colors over at the Throwdown, you've really done something wonderful with them! And your take on that sketch is perfect. Really like your card. Bev

Jackie said...

What a delightful card! I really like it.

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a lovely CAS card! Love how you've used the colors; the little red flower is so sweet and rounds off your card perfectly! Great use of the sketch. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Perfect card for both challenges , great use of design and color!
thanks for viviting my blog!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Jen, very elegant!

Linda Callahan said...


love this!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a faublous card! Love it!

Ardyth said...

So pretty - love the hit of red in amongst all those neutrals! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

dstandard said...

Clean and perfect - what better mix!

Kim S said...

What a creative and very lovely idea! I love the sprigs of green and the bright pop of red against the solid black! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Tammy Hershberger said...

SUPER CUTE design! Love the little pocket! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

None None said...

This is a gorgeous card, Jen! I love the pocket you created and the sprigs peeking out of it. The little pop of color added to the pocket is just perfect. Hope all is well and that you didn't get too much snow over the weekend. Happy Spring!

Lori said...

Great clean and simple design! Love the greenery peeking out of the pocket. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

lostinpaper said...

Such a sweet card Jen, love your sentiment!
Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! Your attention to detail and the execution of this design are absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!