Monday, March 4, 2013

Retro Sketches 53 and Dynamic Duos 42

I'd been puttering around my stamp room all weekend and seemed to be at loose ends.  I felt like I had lots of ideas in my head but none of them seemed to work their way onto my card.  Finally I found the sketch at retro sketches and the colors at Dynamic Duos and karma brought them together for me so that I could make a card!





I ended up with a CAS card using some DSP from Greenhouse Gala and the simple TAWS sentiment from words to live by.  A cute little button finished the look!

Supplies
Stamps:  words to live by (the alley way stamps)
Accessories:  Sentiment Strips Die (My Favorite Things), washi tape, Midway button (October Afternoon)



7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love it for both challenges.

lostinpaper said...

For someone who was struggling you sure seemed to pull it together wonderfully. What a great way to combine these challenges!

Jenny Engelke said...

Very cool! I'm so glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos! ♥

Vicky Hayes said...

Your background looks like those ornate emery boards you can get - and I wish you could get them in this gorgeous design! Love the way the button fits neatly into the shape made by the sentiment.

Beverley said...

LOVE the simplicity of this and the FRESH Spring colours you've used.

Bobbie said...

I'm not sure if you've ever created anything I haven't loved. I love that DSP and it's just enough for this card. Happy karma lead you to the Dynamic Duos.

Amy White said...

Very sweet - that button is a fabulous touch! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!