Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 80

Ahhh!  Wednesday brings a brand new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week the incomparable and devilishly witty Linda Callahan has designed a sketch that is wide open to interpretation.  Take a peek:



I don't mind saying that I fretted a bit about the horizontal ribbon across the top.  Nothing I tried seemed to go the way I wanted to so I ended up sticking down some washi tape.  Then I thought that looked a bit plain so I stitched a zig-zag across it which, of course, you can't see because the thread is white, and that barely shows up against a white background, and what was I thinking!!!

But I do like the colors which are courtesy of the Dynamic Duos challenge which gave us some poetic license this week to make a project using Primrose Petals and another color of our choice.  I chose Pear Pizzazz which made some lovely leaves.


Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out what the design team has created this week.  Lots of inspiration there, I tell you!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dream Big, Hope Blooms (Verve)
Accessories:  Lorelai Leaf die, Lorelia Outline Leaf die (Poppystamps); washi tape; Certainly Celery button (SU)


13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

I love primrose petals! And how did you do those hollowed out leaves?!?!?! The tape is so fresh - and stitching too? Wow! Bright and pretty card!

Cindy Hall said...

This card is AWESOME! I love the leaves, too, and was wonderful how in the world you did them?!

Happy Dance said...

Sweet, sweet card! Love what you've done with the leaves. And that flower with the layers and little button is perfect. Love this. Bev

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love the stitching over the washi!

Amy O said...

I love your sweet and happy card! Your leaves are amazing and I love the layered flower with the sweet button center. Very cute!

Karen Day said...

Love your idea to use washi tape for the ribbon, Jen! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Jen this is just GORGEOUS! You use white so well! I'm loving that leaf die and the effect of the layering of them! Your Primrose Petal flower is just stunning!

Jen Brum said...

Ooooh!!!! Pretty! Love that flower and those leaves! Fabulous! I was in Michael's the other day and they had a pile of washi tape...I immediately thought of you!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and cheery;) I too am very taken with the leaves!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Jen! Love the leaves on your card.

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, your washi tape is perfect with your stunning flower!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this card Jen! I think the washi tape is a fabulous and very creative idea!