Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 96

I thought I was done with graduation cards this year, but it turns out that I needed one more.  The young man that this card is intended for graduated from my old alma mater in June but his party isn't until this weekend  so I sat down at my desk the other day and thought about making a card that wasn't the slightest bit girly and used the school colors.  Lo and behold it didn't take me long to realize that Amy's sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches was perfect for what I had in mind!



This is a pretty CAS card but I'm fairly sure that the fellow who will get it is a no-nonsense kind of guy.  The school colors are orange and black so I stuck to those colors for this one.  I didn't ink up a single stamp for the front of this card instead relying on the die-cut numbers to spell out the year this momentous occasion occured.  Coincidentally, the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is called Count Me In and requires numbers somewhere on your project so I'll be linking up there as well!



Ok, so we've got a great sketch (gosh I love tags!) at Freshly Made Sketches, the design team has created some fantastic cards to get your creative juices flowing and the only thing missing is you!  So ink up those stamps and join us!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Accessories:  Small Circle Burst die (Memory Box); By the Numbers die (Papertrey Ink); Traditional Tags Stax die (My Favorite Things); Harvest Corn twine (Maya Road)

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOVE this....that circular die (love their dies!) is fantastic!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect way to use the sketch - love the punched circle!

Allisa said...

Fabulous CAS design! Love the pop of color.

Kim S said...

What a wonderful idea for that circle burst die. I have it too but I just look at it and wonder what to do with it. It's so perfect behind that tag!

Amy O said...

Cool masculine graduation card! I love the circles behind the tag -- they really draw your eye to the numbers. I also love the mulicolored twine on the tag. Love your take on this sketch!

Happy Dance said...

What a great card! That sunburst is perfect for this card. And layered tags with an eyelet??!!! Very cool. Seriously great card without any hint of 'girly'. Bev

Pamela said...

What a great masculine card, and to use his school colors as well!! I love the dots behind that tag so much! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jen Timko said...

This is so cool!! Love the circles!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card! I love that circle burst die! it's so fun! I need to get me one of those! I think this is a fabulous masculine graduation card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a fabulous striking card you've created Jen - I especially love those circles you've created!

Linda Suarez said...

Love this! When I first saw it I thought you were cheering on our San Francisco Giants (orange and black) for another World Series win this year! But I think it makes a great graduation card too!

AB. said...

Unbelievably cool card!! So modern & vibrant. Love it to bits! :)

Cindy Hall said...

This is a perfect no-nonsense card! Love the simplicity, yet the bold and clean look. Great masculine card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a great graduation card. The mini tag on the card is awesome, and I love that concentric circle die-cut. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Rita W said...

Adding more dies to my wishlist. Those are all fabulous! I love a great card with no stamping. :)