Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 131

Happy Wednesday!  This week at Freshly Made Sketches Cindy Hall is our hostess and she has designed a fun and versatile sketch.  Cindy is a stamping hero of mine because not only does she create beautiful cards for ladies but also effortlessly creates jaw-droppingly fabbo cards for men!  I find those in particular to be so difficult to make but she makes it looks so easy!  So if ever you need some inspiration for that oh-so-difficult man-card, just pop on over to Cindy's blog and she'll fix you right up!  Now on to today's card and sketch!



This is actually the second card I made for this sketch.  The first one was winning the "what was I thinking award" before I came to my senses and scrapped it.  Once I threw the ugly pieces out I had an epiphany and grabbed this pretty sunflower die, realizing it needed to be the focal point of my card.  I had a tough time deciding how to do the horizontal layer before I got creative and used a grungy PTI stamp to simulate it.  And since it's been ages since I used my favorite "math" washi tape I stuck a little bit of that down too.

Our always amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team will knock your socks off with their cards this week so be sure to head on over to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sketchy (KaiserCraft); Watercolor Wonder (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Pool Party (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Sunflower die (My Favorite Things); Crumb Cake button (SU); jute twine; math washi tape

14 comments:

LeAnne said...

VERY cool card, Jen! You always know how to put the simplest elements together to make your own FABBO cards!!! Love that washi tape. I was just looking at my huge selection and thinking that I hadn't used any for a while! You've inspired me!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,awesome card Jen!! The flower,the stamping and washi tape fit perfectly together!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Super cool! Love the tape and the background stamping! I love LeAnne's word FABBO! I'll go with that too...lol!

Linda Callahan said...

Super cool! Love the tape and the background stamping! I love LeAnne's word FABBO! I'll go with that too...lol!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so amazing! I think you're one of my stamping heroes! Love that vertical panel! Such a great combination of elements! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Don't know what the other card looked like but this one looks pretty spiffy to me!! Lots of pretty elements to look at Jen!!

Cindy Hall said...

Okay, this design team is just way too talented. When I hear so many comments about you ladies having trouble with two rectangles... Well? LOL! I'm going back to creating sketches with lots of circles! I'd like to see your other card, because this one is out-of-this-world gorgeous. Beautiful design and scrumptious colors. Thanks for all the sweet comments... Off to create another Man-Card!

Jen Timko said...

Grunge + flower + math washi = amazing! Love this!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeously grungy card Jen and yet still so clean - you're a master at this!

Deepti said...

This is awesome Jen!! I love the BG and that flower is just beauty

Karren said...

We've all had some of those "What was I thinking" cards. Unfortunately I've posted a few of mine before having that thought :) This is a gorgeous, grungy yet clean card.

Amy O said...

Math washi tape?!? How cool! I love how you can make a grungey card still look clean and simple.

Greta said...

So artistic & beautiful!

Rita W said...

Love this! Off to add sunflower die and math washi tape to my wishlist....