Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 142

Wednesday's in my house mean a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week, the supremely talented Jen Brum is our hostess and she has created a sketch that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it!


This is actually the second card that I made for this sketch this week.  The first had a misguided attempt at using an artsy paint splash stamp along with some washi tape and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. So I set about creating this card with it's stripey embossing paste which looks better with the floating dots.  Much better, I say to myself.

The bright colors come from the latest challenge at Just Us Girls.  When I first saw it my thought was to run in the opposite direction, but then I realized that a challenge is called a challenge for a reason and I figured I ought to at least try to play along.  In the end I'm glad I did because these bright colors are quite eye catching.



We'd love to see you in the gallery this week so why don't you check out the inspiration from the Freshly Made Sketches design team then join us!  

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (SU); Dot Spot (Papertrey Ink); Big Words (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripe stencil (Simon Says Stamp); embossing paste (Dreamweaver) 


17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the colors and I love that stamped background panel! Beautifully done! The b/w panel is perfect :)

Marisa said...

Great BG you created! Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Jen! Back and playing catch up. LOVE everything you've done while I was away. I'm especially smitten with your FMS card!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous , perfect stamping !

Nancy said...

I am glad you went for it and forged ahead and played along too! Your card is bright and happy and is sure to put a smile on anyone's face! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls Jen and hope to see you again!

Karren said...

This card works so well - so perfectly balanced! I love the yellow/orange panel - just guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Happy Dance said...

Love this one Jen! Great take on your teamie's sketch, and you've rocked the JUGS colors! Not too over the top; it's just right. Great card. Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Great sketch, and love your take on it!

Claire said...

So want to have a go at that sketch - just love it (and those colours!) The extra big, bold sentiment looks fab against the orange background. Hope you're enjoying your time off Jen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How wonderful seeing you popping in over at JUGS! Love the card - and that bottom border is quite fabulous with the sketch! Well done~

Maria said...

Super fun card! Love what you did. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us girls this week!

Jen Brum said...

You are far too hard on yourself my friend! Both cards are beautiful! I love this one! I do love those stamps and I love the black and white look! You never disappoint!

Cindy Lovell said...

Such a pretty card,Jen!! I totaly love the black and the beautiful stamping!! Pretty orange color on the panel!!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Jen! Love the striped panel, and the modern look of this!

Jen Timko said...

Clean and oh so you! Those circles are so fun (glad you kept that panel!!).

Rita W said...

LOVE!!!! I am so glad you kept the awesome circles. I think the black/white DSP was the perfect fix!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the strong graphic feel of your design. Blessings!