Monday, October 6, 2014

Time For a Halloween Card

Seeing as how we are nearly a week into October I thought it was high time I made a Halloween card.  Lucky for me the challenge this week at The Paper Players was to make a Halloween project.  And I am extra lucky because the Sweet Sunday Sketch this week has a big layer on it that is perfect for showing off my favorite witch.  I love it when all the card-making stars align!



A face only a mother could love!  I decided to give her a violet dress because she's a little too flamboyant for boring black.  Ha!

Short and sweet but that's it for me.  I'm writing this during half-time of the Patriots game Sunday night and the game is just about to start up again.  Football calls!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Best Fiends (SU)
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Vintage Violet (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle STAX, Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); Small Stitched Rectangle Stackable (Lawn Fawn)

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love it Jen - you're right, that is a face only a mother would love, perfect for Halloween! Great layering too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Deepti said...

This is fabulous :) the witch is so beautifully colored !

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Jen! And who notices the face when the frock is fabulous in violet! Your coloring is awesome :) Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

Well I think her attire is simply fabulous, those stockings are a must!! SUPER cute Jen!! Didn't watch the game, but our Browns WON...can you believe it LOL!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Made me smile! Love the blue dress.....and let's talk about your fabulous coloring!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun take on the theme and sketch Jen!

Karren said...

Love this witch and she looks catwalk-ready in her violet ensemble. Fab card!

Kim S said...

She is wonderful!! What a fun outfit.

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, your coloring is amazing! I love her violet dress and you are so right about her face! Your card made me smile! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

laurie said...

What an awesome card...the coloring is perfect!