Tuesday, November 18, 2014

colourQ 268

The new palette at colourQ at first made me think of autumn and falling leaves.  Then I had a better look at the duffel bag in the inpiration photo and thought that for my card I would use flowers.  I had recently got a new stamp set that fit what I had in mind perfectly.



I stamped a few flowers so that I could create a little collage and used the layout from Sketch Saturday to show it off.  I wish I had taken a better photo so the biggest flower showed up better because it's really pretty :)  but I love how this turned out otherwise.  This color combo seemed a little daunting to me at first, but after getting myself into it, I really love it.  The pop from Cool Caribbean is just what the doctor ordered I think!  


The colourQ design team have created some beautiful cards with these colors so be sure to head on over there and check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Friendly Flowers (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Dusty Durango, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Cool Caribbean (SU); Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Blueprints 13 (My Favorite Things); Friendly Flower die, Friendly Flower Extras die (Papertrey Ink)

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've used your new stamps perfectly for the sketch and our new colors! Pretty card Jen!!

Karren said...

Fantabulous (pretty sure that word wasn't in the adjective list) :) The blocks of color around the focal point really draw the eye into the center and those gorgeous flowers.

Deepti said...

So soft and beautiful :)

Alex H. said...

What a wonderful CAS card.. I really love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
;-) Alex H.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card Jen - the blocks of colour echo the bag strap in the inspiration photo and those flowers are gorgeous.