Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thank You CTD319 TYIC11

I've discovered that vacations tend to be busy times.  Since I'm off from work I thought I'd have tons of time to spend in my stamp room creating to my heart's content.  Not so.  I've been busy the last couple of days getting things done that don't normally get done while I'm working so last night was the first chance I had to break out the stamps and ink.

The colors at Color Throwdown were too pretty to resist, especially since colors celebrating autumn and Christmas are what we normally see this time of year, and the challenge at Tag You're It was a good fit for what I had in mind for those colors.  So a tag on a card is what I made.



I got some new stamps from Waltzingmouse because I never seem to have the "right" floral stamps.  I used them on this card and the two-step nature of the stamps ensure that you get just the right amount of depth with the flowers and leaves.  I added some embossing paste in a chevron pattern to the tag which was inspired by the chevron embossing on the inspiration card.  Then I added some splatters to my card base just to break up all that white.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (SU); Two Step Floral Sprig (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Celebration of Thanks (Verve)
Paper:  Midnight Muse (SU); White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Midnight Muse (SU); Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); Chevron stencil (Heidi Swapp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Midnight Muse ribbon (SU); crochet thread


9 comments:

Lyn said...

Perfect

samanthadesigns said...

This is lovely! I love the texture added by the paste.

Vickie Z said...

This is fabulous Jen!! Those WMS flowers/leaves are perfect....love the double tag... Great take on the colors and sketch!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just as pretty as can be Jen!! Sometimes I think we need a vacation to recuperate from our vacations LOL!!

Birgit said...

This is so pretty! Love the double tag!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on Maureen's card!

Joan Ervin said...

Your flowers are sooo pretty on the tag and I love all the navy spatters in the background...such a beautiful design!!!Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdwon Challenge!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen the double layer tag is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You're it!

Marion said...

This is so, so pretty!