Sunday, January 25, 2015

Be Happy

The weather was so weird yesterday first with snow, then rain, then back to snow.  We only got a couple of inches of wet, sloppy snow when all was said and done but the lousy weather was the perfect excuse to stay inside and get crafty.



I took the colors from Color Throwdown and the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and did a little ombre effect plus a little camouflaging die cut technique.  I was undecided about what blue to use based on the color challenge.  At first I thought it looked like it was turquoise but somewhere along the line I decided to use Lost Lagoon and I think it's just a shade too dark.  But I sponged it along with some Lucky Limeade and die cut the Be sentiment to capture both colors.  I also added some Wink of Stella to the flowers, which looks so pretty in real life, but doesn't show up so well in the photo.



Well that's it for me.  Apparently there's a big snow storm headed my way.  We haven't really had any snow this season and I was cautiously optimistic that I'd escape the winter snow-free.  I should have known better.  Winter is far from over.  Stay safe if you are in the path of the storm.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Be (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Ultra Smooth Pure White (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Lost Lagoon (SU)
Accessories:  Petal Party die (Memory Box); Be die (Simon Says Stamp); Wink of Stella pen



8 comments:

Hannelie said...

A beautiful take on the sketch Jen!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors!! Lost lagoon is perfect!! Love the "Be"! So happy you played at CTD!!

Lisa Elton said...

Sweet, simple and adorable!

Karen M said...

Very pretty and sweet card! We both used the same two challenges! Kx

Wanda Cullen said...

Sweet CAS design! Love the ombre detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Whenever I see "be happy", I always mentally add "don't worry" in front of it. Hope that song is running through your head right about now :P Anyway, there is so much to like about this card - the sponging looks fabulous and the blue and green look so good together.

Greta said...

Very pretty card--love the camouflaging die cuts! Stay safe & warm!

donna mikasa said...

Love your CAS take on the sketch! I especially love the inlaid flowers.