Tuesday, April 7, 2015

colourQ 286

Hello everybody!  What a busy time I've been having the last few days.  Who knew that Easter would throw me for such a loop and severely curtail my crafty time!  But I'm back today with a brand new palette from colourQ.  This week our palette is inspired by this insulated tote bag.



Am I the only one who loves seeing bold, rich colors at this time of year?  Usually spring time cards are full of soft, pastel colors but those aren't the colors I normally reach for.  So whenever I see a challenge with colors like these I'm in heaven!

For this card I used a brand new stamp set (new to me anyway).  I love the artsy feel of these images and I thought they would be perfect to show off these colors.  I think I was right!

The challenge this week at Just Us Girls is "spring" and since flowers are such a powerful spring time image for me I'm entering this card over there as well.  After the long, snow-filled winter we've had I'm really looking forward to seeing the first buds of spring.  Here's to their imminent arrival!


As usual, our colourQ design team has got some beautiful cards for you this week using our beautiful palette.  So please head on over there to check them out and I hope that you can join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  3 Flowers (Rubbernecker Stamps); Much Appreciated (SU); Textures 1 (Florileges Design)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Hello Honey, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Jen, your new flowers are so cute!!

Happy Dance said...

This is full of sunshine! Love how you've stamped in the Bermuda Bay for your flowers outlines, and then filled in with the warm, delicious colors. This has made me long for sunny skies and sandals! Very pretty! Bev

LeAnne said...

Ah, this is so sweet, Jen! You managed to get those bold colors onto your card and still make it CAS!! You're amazing!

Ina G said...

Welcome back Jen. Gorgeous cas card. So pretty so effective with those springy flowers. Glad you joined us again at Just us Girls this week.

Claire said...

Fab card! Had to pop over and see where you got those gorgeous, scribbly blooms from - they were made for this colour palette! Totally agree about pastels Jen - bleughhh!

Nancy said...

Did you change your blog a little bit...or am I going crazy? Love your Spring CAS card! I think you rock at CAS BTW! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS again!

Unknown said...

I love this! I would not have put those colors together, they are fantastic!! And I'm SO flattered to have enabled the enabler :)

Sylvia said...

Love your CAS card, Jen, the flowers are perfect! Happy Wednesday!

Kim Heggins said...

Jen, this is so beautiful...I love your sweet flowers!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love this ,Jen! Your flowers are so pretty and I love the background!

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful stamp Jen, love your card for this week's colours!