Tuesday, April 14, 2015

colourQ 287

This week the palette at colourQ is one of my favorite kinds.  A little dark, a little light and a POP of color (inspired by these mugs)!  For my color I chose red, because my friend Jen said I should!



I thought the inspiration this week at Muse was perfect for my monochromatic + some color card.  Never mind that I made a very similar card a few weeks ago.  (I think I may have CASEd myself)!  Sue me - I love this stamp set and it's perfect for this sort of layout.

I can't wait to see the colourQ gallery this week.  This kind of color combo always inspires some gorgeous cards!  And if you take the time to check out the cards from our design team you'll see a preview of what I mean!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (Papetrey Ink); Texture Stamp (Darkroom Door)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); White (Spectrum Noir); Basic Black, Real Red (SU)
Ink:  Going Gray, Real Red (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle die (Lawn Fawn); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)


15 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I LOVE that colour combo Jen very striking! Hazel xx

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, Jen ... I loved it then, and it is fresh, new, and perfectly CAS with that stunning red! I love it when you play cards with me at Muse - well...anywhere really!
=] Michele

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I have those florals and don't use them enough! I love the background too!

Joyce said...

Wonderful card. I had to laugh when I saw it--that was the exact stamp I was thinking to use for MUSE. You did it better than I ever could. Love that bit of background you added.

Lisa Elton said...

Oodles of prettiness on this card Jen!!

Jenni's Jems said...

A simply gorgeous card! x

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I always love those poppies, so pretty!

Karren said...

Love this! I looked at the texture stamp and thought, wow, that looks cool, then I realised that I already own it and it was delivered yesterday. Doh!

Debi said...

Great Muse card! Love the background stamp that you used.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful interpretation, Jen! That background gives it a bit of a modern edge, but the poppies are beautifully classic! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Margaret said...

Great card - love the poppies.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - love the pop of red!

Ela said...


Love the card you created!
Hugs
Ela

Neets B said...

I love the combo of the grid and the red blooms, great take on the Muse. I've not visited for a while but loving the new look blog too :) x

Deepti said...

Oh so beautiful!