Tuesday, April 21, 2015

colourQ 288

It has been a dog's age since I set foot in my craft room and got serious with some ink and paper.  Last week was oddly busy for me and I just didn't have time to do any creating.  Thankfully, a new palette from colourQ called a halt to my hiatus!  And this color combo happens to be a favorite of mine.  Who's kidding who?  Anything with Kiwi Kiss is a favorite of mine!



It's also been a dog's age since I used this splotchy flower stamp.  I forgot how fun it was!  I love how it can be layered with the two sizes of the flower image.  I used the latest Sketch Saturday as my layout, although I flipped it around.  I have this weird thing about using horizontal sentiments vertically and I didn't have any vertical sentiments so the easiest thing for me was to flip the sketch!


There are some fantastic cards to see from the amazing colourQ design team so be sure to check them out.  We'd love to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Awesome Blossom (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay (SU); Simply Chartreuse, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); Make It Merry button (October Afternoon); black thread

11 comments:

Marika said...

I was so happy to see Kiwi Kiss once again as well. It is one of my favourite colours. Love your sketchy flower stamp and beautiful lay-out!

Shelly said...

SO pretty!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Love this!

Deepti said...

Awesome design!!

Joyce said...

Fantastic use of color! Those flowers are awesome--I've never seen them before. They look so happy.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous card! Love the design and colors!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Those are some nifty flowers!! Terrific card Jen, glad you could get inky again!

Ela said...

Such a pretty card, love the colour combination. I also like all the details, with the button and twine and the black sentiment...

And while I am here, thanks so much for picking my card for FMS. :) That made my day.

Hugs
Ela

Kathy S said...

Great colors and works wonderfully using the Sketch Saturday layout. Thanks for your entry and good luck.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful flowers!

Silke Ledlow said...

Jen, you always have the perfect balance of colors! This is just beautiful!