Tuesday, April 28, 2015

colourQ 289

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from your colourQ friends.  This one is based on this jewelry box.  I just love the bit of Early Espresso in the inspiration photo.



I decided to make a shaker card based on the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  One of the design team members there, Barbara Anders, made a shaker card and that inspired me to make my own!


I loved the idea of a predominately white card with some Early Espresso accents so those colors make up the main design of my card.  Then I filled the shaker with sequins in all the other colors of the challenge.  I love the little pops of color from the sequins!

As you can expect, the colourQ design team has made some fantastic cards with these colors this week so be sure to check them out.  And we also bid a fond farewell to Silke who is leaving us after this challenge.  We sure will  miss her beautiful creations each week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  DIY (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Early Espresso (SU); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories:  Blueprints 20 die, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX (My Favorite Things); Early Espresso button (SU); sequins (Avery Elle); crochet thread

4 comments:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I love this shaker! So trendy, but yet so cool!!!

Karren said...

This is a very, very cool shaker card! The colors work so well together and the splatters of Early Espresso are just perfect.

Deepti said...

This is so delightful ! Love this one :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you brought the colors together in your shaker element! So pretty Jen!!