Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 180

Happy Wednesday!  Yay, we're half way through the work week and, of course, that means a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week the always amazing Jen Timko is our hostess and she's designed an amazing sketch for us!



When I sat at my desk to make my card I had a vague idea to use this super hero guy.  So I stamped him, colored him and hoped for a fabulous idea for the rest of the card.  The rest came much more slowly and had lots of iterations before I settled on this version.

As you can see I took some *ahem* liberties with the sketch but since I got the okay from my Freshly Made Sketches teamies  I forged ahead.  My cityscape takes the place of the horizontal layer and "twine" and with apologies my sentiment is not in the right place.  But I think it's pretty cute and the end result embraces the spirit of the sketch!

I'm also playing along with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge.  I've never joined them and since this week is "anything goes" and my super dude is a Paper Smooches image I wanted to join in the fun.


The Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some amazing cards for you this week.  Their interpretations of the sketch will get your creative juices flowing for sure.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Super (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Welcome Neighbor (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics

11 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

Oh fun, super take on the sketch, love this superhero!

Linda Callahan said...

What a guy! He's terrific....especially with the skyline! Adorable card! And I am loving the sleek blog header!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!

Deepti said...

This is so adorable! Love the colors you picked :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Jen I love this sketch almost as much as I LOVE your card!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Jen! This is awesome! I love this guy, and you have really come up with a great way to use him with this wonderful sketch.

Lisa Elton said...

HA!!! This is too much fun, love his big cheesy smile!! I think it works perfectly for the sketch Jen, well done!

Karren said...

This is such a super card (sorry couldn't resist). I think this is such a clever and neat take on the sketch. The skyline is perfect and that super hero is too cute.

Claire said...

Love this Jen! That little guy is so cute...you should post it over at ATCAS too. Happy Easter!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! This is AWESOME!! LOVE ALL of the Stamping and Coloring that you did!! What a FUN Design!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS Easter Sunday!! =)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh how fun - he makes me smile~