Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 181

Hello all!  It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week I am the hostess with the mostess and I hope there aren't too many groans out there when you see the sketch because it's got a tilted layer!


I really don't know what came over me when I designed this sketch because I'm not usually a tilted layer kind of person.  I guess I just wanted to mix things up a bit.  And, of course, I used a little poetic license for the horizontal layer on my own card by using this big die cut sentiment in its place.  I put two layers of black together then layered a pink layer on top slightly askew so that the black was visible behind it.

Once again our Freshly Made Sketches design team has done wonders with my little sketch and I know that everyone who joins us this week will too.  I love to see the many different designs in the gallery so I hope you'll make some time to join us.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Abstract Poppies (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Basic Black, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  The Big the Bold and You die (Winnie & Walter); Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love your card. Karen x

Linda Callahan said...

Great sketch Jen Mitchell! It's fun to go askew now and then! Love these breezy flowers and your pink and white combo! Very pretty card!

Cindy Lovell said...

This is such a pretty card,Jen!! Love the different shades of pink and the pretty stamp!! Love it!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card is just gorgeous Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the little tilt Jen!! The thin black outlines in your design really make everything pop!

Marisa said...

Great flower image and love the shadowed word.

Stampingcountry said...

Lovely card and color combo!

Amy O said...

I love the stamped layers of these flowers. And the layered sentiment is perfect for the sketch. Tilted layers don't scare me -- I love this sketch.

Karren said...

Great sketch and a wonderful card! The colors you've used work so well together. I adore those flowers but I do not need them (I do not need them, I do not need them...)

Claire said...

Nothing wrong with a tilted card Jen! Now I want those stamps too..love it in the pink and black!

Unknown said...

Ha!! Another Rubbernecker stamp!! Did I tell you I still have at least one more? lol...I love the colors you've used here, so soft and pretty, you've really made this stamp shine!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! These flowers and colours are the perfect combo! I adore the combination of pinks and your sentiment is the perfect finish to your card!

Jen Brum said...

Such a fun card Jen! Love the clean elegance! Especially love that tilted layer! Those flowers are so fabulous!!! Love the pink and black together!

Cindy said...

I am loving these fabulous black line and soft ink designs you have been creating, Jen. It looks like we both had the same idea for using a die cut word in place of the horizontal panel, and both with a black back piece. I know you're not a tilted layer person, but I am, and I LOVED your sketch!

Jen Timko said...

This is so amazing! Those squiggly flowers hop off the page. Love!