Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 183

It was with some horror that I realized that I had not made a Christmas card since January!  I hate scrambling around at the end of the year making holiday cards so I figured I better get going making those cards.  Freshly Made Sketches to the rescue!  Linda's sketch was perfect for what I had in mind!



This is the second time this week I've flipped a sketch - I'm not usually such a rebel.  But the little pooch fit better that way!  Incidentally, the challenge this week at Merry Monday is to use a cat or a dog on your Christmas card.  Hence the impetus to make a Christmas card and the use of this little hot-dog!


The always-amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team has some fun takes on the sketch this week so be sure to check them out.  See you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Santa Paws (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday DSP (SU); Neenah Solar White; X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle die (Lawn Fawn); enamel dots (Doodlebug)

19 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Jen this card cracks me up! So stinkin' adorable! This looks like a merry monday winner to me!

Linda Callahan said...

C'mon now.....this is beyond adorable! I love dogs so this just makes me smile! Love the sketch turned and it worked perfectly with tat pup!

LesleyG said...

love your clean card with the hot-dog!
I'd call him sausage! Had to 'google' why he'd got fleas though! LOL...soooooooooo funny....I'll be giggling all week! xxx

Shelly said...

Ha! Too stinkin' cute!

Margot said...

Love the design and the dog! Great card!

Jen Brum said...

So cute Jen! I love that little dog and that sentiment is hilarious! Great colouring! I'm pretty sure I would have a look of horror if it was April and I had made a Christmas card!!!!

Bonnie said...

LOL, what a fun Christmas card, Jen! Love it and that it gave me a chuckle! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh cute cute cute--I just adore this Jen!

stampwithsandy said...

I had to come back again to tell you that this song is not only stuck in my head now but it's stuck at Fleas Navidad!

Lisa Elton said...

HA, what a cute sentiment!! This is fun Jen!!

Karren said...

This dog us just the cutest and the sketch looks so good on its side. Keep up the Christmas card making - you'll be so thankful come December :)

Ela said...

Sooo funny! I love it.
Hugs
Ela

Marie Bingaman said...

LOVE that weiner dog! Your card is awesome! :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your little pup is so adorable! Such a pretty layout and layers! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Susan Powell said...

OMGosh I used the same greeting - I love the font on yours and that dog is awesome!! Great card!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Look at you being a rebel by flipping the sketch - I didn't think to do this! It really works for your sweet little puppy!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I love your card Jen!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Jen Timko said...

This could not be cuter!! That sentiment is so funny.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I love this stamp set and the sentiment! Your little dog is so perfectly colored and the whole card is so clean and crisp. So cute that I had to show my husband; he got a chuckle out of it, tool!