Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 184

Happy Wednesday everyone.  Today is the day we reveal a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Kim is our hostess this week and she's challenging us to hang off the edge a bit!  As you will see I am not hanging off the edge, but I'm pretty sure that's ok.


This is the second card that I made for this challenge.  The first one I was not happy with at all so I went shopping for some bunny images and picked up this cutie from Zlatoena's shop on Etsy.  Now that I see this card altogether I don't know what I was thinking when I made it.  There's the bunny sitting on the moon fishing for a star and in the sky are some puffy clouds.  Not to mention that the sentiment is about a bright day!  Talk about an oxymoron!  I think I was a bit tired when I put this together and even though the images and sentiment are a bit mixed up I still like it!

The Freshly Made Sketches design team had no trouble going over the edge so be sure to check out their creations.   And we've even got an old friend joining us this week.  Lesley, who created this challenge four years ago, is filling in for Rita.  I'm so grateful that she brought this group together so that we all could become the good friends we are today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Cute Bunny on the Moon (Zlatoena Designs); Bright Days (Avery Elle)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Sea Glass, The Every Day Collection (Avery Elle); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Puffy Clouds die (Memory Box)

19 comments:

Deepti said...

Awww how cute !! I love the way you interpreted the sketch :)

Linda Callahan said...

Cute as can be........bunny in the sky with diamonds..... ;)
Full of fun and whimsy! And I am so ging to order one of those bunny stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh how cute is that bunny!! Great design Jen, this is a fun card!

Shelly said...

This is so cute!

Nancy said...

Despite the sentiment meaning day when it is night....not sure I would have even realized had you not mentioned it...It's super cute as always!

Lesley said...

This card is adorable and slightly whimsical which is perfect with that sentiment! It works! Thanks for the shout out. 💗

Karren said...

You've tipped me over the edge (pun intended) with this card! I'm so going to buy some bunny stamps. I love everything about your card - even if your bunny seems confused about where and when he is :) For the record, though, that never registered with me until I read your post.

Cindy Lovell said...

This is the most cutest card,i've seen from you!! The bunny is adorable,so cute! Love the font of the sentiment!!

Amy O said...

Those floppy bunny ears are the cutest! And I wouldn't have even noticed how confused he is if you wouldn't have mentioned it. I love this card, Jen!

Claire said...

Oh this adorable Jen! Love how you've coloured that bunny..especially his pink nose!

Jen Brum said...

I like your card! Who doesn't love a bunny sitting on the moon?! Such a great colouring job! One day I'll learn how to colour! I think this brightened my day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute card for Freshly Made Jen, I love that Cat's Pajamas image!

Unknown said...

Love your card, love the image you've used. Karen x

Kim S said...

I would not have noticed the anomalies had you not pointed them out!! It's a sweet card with a fabulous image - and the message really does work!

Cindy said...

This card is absolutely adorable, Jen! That is just the sweetest design! I don't think there's any contradiction whatsoever. :) I love your new blog look, too!

Jen Timko said...

You crack me up. Sometimes it is just best not to overthink because this is adorable! And I was over the edge alright, lol. Still might be....

martyzstamps said...

Hi Jen, I think your bunny card is adorable. None of what you were thinking even crossed my mind. I love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely adorable! I LOVE this super-cute bunny and I love your perfect colouring of him! Your card certainly brightened my day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Jen. The image is so sweet. Love the way you used the sketch. The clouds look great.