Saturday, April 25, 2015

Imagined Life

A funny thing happened on the road to making this card.  When I saw the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge I knew immediately that I wanted to use Tim Holtz's "umbrella man" image.  I don't know why I just knew that was what I wanted to use.  Then yesterday I checked out the Friday Mashup challenge and guess what they wanted on our projects?  If you guessed an umbrella you win the prize!  That's what I call serendipity!



I used the colors again from Color Throwdown for no other reason than I LOVE them!  There's just something about black, white and a pop of color that really appeals to me!


Well, that's it for me.  I've got a sick kitty in the house and I may need to take him back to the vet this morning so I've cleared my schedule.  I was going to go in to Boston to see my nephew's band play at Faneuil Hall later today, but depending on how things go with the kitty I may or may not go.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink); Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds (Stamplorations); Life's Possibilities (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  So Saffron, Hello Honey (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  enamel dots (Freckled Fawn)

14 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness.....this is perfect for all three challenges! What a wonderful image!

Karren said...

This would have to be one of my favorite cards of yours ever! I love, love, love Umbrella Man and I love how you've used him to make a beautiful CAS card.

Linda Callahan said...

How do I love this......let me count the ways! Fabulous!

VanessaB said...

very cool card

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just fabulous Jen!

Lisa said...

This looks awesome Jen, great card!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Claire said...

What a fab stamp Jen - I've never seen it before! so perfect in the yellow and black!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jen I had to pop by and say how much I love this card - the perfect image for all three challenges and just so unusual and eye-catching!

Marika said...

Great card, Jen! It is perfect for every challenge! Hopefully your kitty is doing better already.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing card Jen. Love those images and the simple color combo. Thank you for your playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Betty Wright said...

This is too cool! You totally rocked the challenges! Great image and design!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous one layer design...I looove the stamps you used and the black image stamped over the yellow really looks awesome!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

I love the looks of your clean card, the layering and colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup!