Thursday, April 23, 2015

Painted Butterflies Thank You

I'm on vacation this week from work and I've discovered some wonderful things:  time to sleep in and time to craft!  I don't like to sleep too late but I will admit it's nice to not have to be up and ready to leave for work by 8:00 in the morning.  I've been working outside to clean up the patio, spray the weeds (I can't believe they're here already) and get the veggie garden ready for planting.  And guess what?  After all that I STILL have time to get crafty.  If this is what retirement looks like I can't wait!

Yesterday I made a card for a few challenges.  The sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments was combined with the colors at Color Throwdown and it was easy to add in a "thank you" for the ShowCASE Your Style challenge.





I did cheat a little and put my sentiment in a different place than the sketch but I wanted my butterflies to appear to be flying up and to the left which would have put the sentiment in a weird spot to my eye.  So I put it down and to the left.  I hope that doesn't get me kicked out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  So Saffron, Crushed Curry (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  enamel dots (Studio Calico)


12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, Jen! This is just lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation Jen, enjoy! LOVE this beautiful CAS card. Such pretty butterflies!

Karren said...

Glad you're having such a nice vacation! And it's obviously doing good things for your creativity because this card is CAS perfection! These butterflies are flying in my direction right now and I can't wait until they arrive!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful take on all the challenges...your butterflies look sooo pretty!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Stampingcountry said...

Delightfully fresh card!

Deepti said...

So pretty!

Jan Clothier said...

So whimsically beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

This is an amazing card, I love the design of it and where you placed the sentiment was perfect.

Jen Timko said...

I love this stamp set so much. Wow, what a fantastic card!

brrenwick said...

Stunning card! Love the bright yellow butterflies! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

Anonymous said...

Love the color combo and the butterfly images are so pretty! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

Such a pretty clean and simple card. I love your use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at HSS for our challenge.