Friday, April 24, 2015

Tag You're It 20

Happy Friday everyone!  It's time for a new challenge from Tag You're It.  This is my first time providing the tag inspiration for everyone to play along with and to say that I'm nervous would be a huge understatement!  It's always a little nerve wracking when you are charged with providing inspiration for other crafters - will people like it?  will people play along?  I guess we'll find out!

The inspiration comes from this tag that I created using a little emboss resist along with some sponged colors.  My redux of this tag is sort of the opposite.  Take a look:



I love the color combo on my original tag but instead of using the same cool colors I wanted to use some warm ones.  And instead of a white emboss resist I used some black die cuts.  And instead of a black sentiment, I went with white.  Talk about polar opposite!

The Tag You're It design team has created some spectacular projects so be sure to check them out.  I hope you have time to join us in the gallery with your tag or your tag on a card.  We love to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Basic Black (SU)
Ink:  Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey (Distress Ink)
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); Palm Fancy die (Hero Arts); Cheviot Butterfly die, Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps); Thanks die (Simon Says Stamp); black rhinestones (KaiserCraft); jumbo eyelet (We R Memory Keepers); black seam binding ribbon, black crochet thread

5 comments:

Deepti said...

Wow such a lovely inspiration Jen! the colors are simply stunning :)

Lisa Elton said...

Your work is ALWAYS inspiring Jen and I sure hope to find time to play along. Love the first and the second...beautiful!!

Karren said...

Wonderful inspiration tag and a wonderful sample. I love the emboss resist and those gorgeous cool colors but I also love the striking black accents on the other tag.

Julie B said...

I loved your inspiration tag when I first saw it and was so pleased to make a project for the team at Tag You're it. I love the 'opposite' too, such a clever take on the original.

Kim S said...

Such a stunning use of color! the background is gorgeous and so dramatic with the black fern. And I love how the butterfly uses the colors in a slightly different way.